Live Virtual Healthcare Careers Work Experience Programme.
If you are looking for a virtual work experience placement to enhance your insight into a career in health and care then look no further.
Pathway CTM are an award-winning social enterprise, transforming employability training, support and opportunities for school leavers across the UK. Our mission is to empower young people to take control of their future and make informed decisions about their life after school/college. We will work with you to achieve brand awareness and success in the competitive school-leaver market, drive your school leaver programme attraction, diversity, social mobility and track application outcomes.
Allied Health Professionals Virtual Work Experience Day 13th April 2022 –
Social Care Virtual Work Experience Day 27th July 2022 –
Nursing and Midwifery Virtual Work Experience Day 28th July 2022 –
Join the Work Experience programme
click the link: www.pathwayctm.com/ (opens in a new window)
Medic Mentor are committed to helping raise aspirations within the student body, and supporting those that wish to progress into Medicine, Dentistry and Allied Healthcare courses at University. As a non for profit, social enterprise, the majority of these programmes are completely free for students and parents to access.
In today’s career market, students have so many resources and options to help them make an informed decision on their future career. Our Insight programmes are designed for students from Year 10/S3 through to Year 12/S5 to be given information to help them make their informed decisions. These programmes are also typically, a student’s first engagement with Medic Mentor, and a great place to get started.
- FREE Get Into (Medicine and Dentistry) Virtual conferences – These are conferences running most weekends in the different career streams. Each conference gives students insight into the academic journey to reach these professions. Covering academic and non academic requirements to enter university, personal statement and interview guidance, along with details about realities of the competition ratio’s to gain places on these courses.
- FREE Insight Conferences – a virtual conference for students to attend each weekend. We have a team of professionals presenting a realistic insight into their career, covering the pro’s and con’s of their particular career and/or specialism and what it was like to apply to university, and live as a student.
- FREE Virtual Work Experience Programmes – Currently available to aspiring medics and dentists students from Year 10 – 12 (S3-S5). Each session will follow a different patient journey to showcase elements of clinician’s roles. Students are provided with an online reflective journal, and receive guidance on completion through our breakout teaching sessions on completing personal reflective observations in each session.
- AHP Work Experience – This is an ideal programme for aspiring Nurses, Paramedics, Midwives and the Allied Healthcare community in school. This work experience is streamed live on the first Sunday of each calendar month. Students are exposed to all professions in the Allied Healthcare careers sphere through the use of two patient journey’s utilising the whole multi-disciplinary team to diagnose and treat patients. Please note, AHP Work Experience has an administration fee of £10 per session
Application Support Programmes
Once you have made a firm decision on your career path, we can support with the application process, providing mentoring, advice and support on a variety of levels. These programmes are open to students from Year 10 through to 13 (S5-S6). Each stream has a different level of support, so there should be a programme to suit all individual needs!
- Virtual Societies – This is completely free for students to attend, with societies available in Medicine and Dentistry. Students meet weekly on a virtual platform. Each month we select a topic of the month, relevant to either the school or application timetable.
- Book Club – So much of the application process hinges on the wider reading students can confidently reference on a personal statement or during their interviews. The Book Club is a completely free initiative designed to guide students through wider reading and completing reflective practices on their observations.
Join the Work Experience programme
click the link: www.medicmentor.co.uk/ (opens in a new window)
click the link: www.alliedhealthmentor.org (opens in a new window)
Careers in Health and Care
Interested in learning how you can prepare yourself for a career in health and care? Then take part in this Virtual Work Experience created by the Mid and South Essex Integrated Care System.
With this partnership being part of the NHS network you will be gaining your experience through the biggest healthcare provider in the country, alongside an insight into the health and care roles available in the NHS and Social Care. This includes looking at what skills and values are sought after in this sector, which are the main sectors you can aspire to be in and how you can advance your career into these particular health and care fields.
Take your step towards a career with the NHS and Social Care with this programme!
This programme will cover everything from an introduction to the sector to different opportunities, areas, and responsibilities within health and care professions.
You’ll have the chance to take part in some great quizzes and amazing activities, and you’ll even have the chance to speak to leading industry experts along the way!
The next programme dates are in October so apply now.
Visit the Springpod website (opens in a new window) to find out more.
Spotlight sessions aim to provide you with an insight into a particular setting within health and care, whilst highlighting the key skills needed within this area as well as some of the rewards and challenges you might face. These sessions will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Gain an insight into a particular area of health and care
- Have a discussion with a health and care professional and ask any questions
- Find out about the different entry routes into a certain profession and the different career opportunities
- Identify the skills and qualities required
- Learn about the values at the heart of health and care
- Help make an informed decision about your career pathway