A cookie is a small piece of information which a website stores on the browser on your phone, tablet or computer. The browser sends the cookie back to the website server whenever the browser loads a page from the website.
A cookie typically contains a name, the domain name from which the cookie was set, the expiry date of the cookie and a value.
Three types of cookies are used on this website:
Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in your browser each time you visit until you leave the site.
We use session cookies:
- To allow you to keep track of information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter
- To compile statistics that allow us to understand how users interact with our site.
Persistent cookies remain in your browser until their expiry date or until they are removed.
We use persistent cookies:
- To save your browsing preferences for this site.
- To speed up your browsing experience.
Analytical cookies remain in your browser until their expiry date or until they are removed.
We use analytical cookies:
- To collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
- Keeping these cookies enabled helps us to improve our website.
3rd party cookies
Some pages include tools from other organisations’ websites to retrieve or set data or to ask for feedback. These tools set may need to set their own cookies.