Pre-Employment Support and Mentoring
The Mid and South Essex ICS, supported by The Prince’s Trust, is looking to assist those starting out in the world of work, into a career in health and care. Our Pre-employment Co-ordinator can support you to navigate the jobs and apprenticeships available, help you decide which career pathway is right for you and offer mentor support to aid you with application and interview preparation to help you secure a positive outcome.
Mentoring is the provision of personal support, assistance, encouragement and inspiration to people, particularly at a time of transition and usually over a sustained period of time. Some of the benefits of having a mentor can include:
- Identifying and achieving career and personal goals
- Identifying the key personal skills and strengths you have, and how you can use and build upon these
- Increasing confidence
- Developing a broader perspective on career options and opportunities
- Encouraging you to be the best version of yourself
Have you considered a fulfilling career in the NHS or Social Care? Are you 18-30, living in Mid or South Essex?
- Provide support to help you navigate the jobs and apprenticeships avaliable in health and social care
- Explore employment options to help you decide which career pathway is right for you
- Offer application, CV and interview support to help you secure employment
In addition, we can provide you access to a free two-week virtual course that gives you the opportunity to gain a number of qualifications including –
- Customer Service Level 1
- Mental Health Awareness Level 1
- Health & Socal Care Level 1
- CV Writing & Employability Level 1
- Safeguarding Level 2
Upon completion we will be on hand to support you in to a job outome from application to interview preparation.
For more information and to book, please click here (opens in a new window)
J has previous care home experience but after experiencing some mental health issues and juggling childcare she wanted to get back in to work but in a different area of care. After speaking with her work coach, J was referred to a two-week programme with Janet Craven (Pre employment Coordinator), South Essex College and Essex Partnership University Trust. The course offered numerous qualifications and an insight in to a mental health care support work role. She completed the course and was successful at interview and then had the opportunity to take up a six month internship as a Health Care Assistant.
J said the course is the ‘Best thing I have ever done, I’m glad I didn’t talk myself out of it. This has helped my mental health too,’