Health & Care Ambassadors Network
Are you interested in becoming a Health and Care Ambassador? Would you like to inspire the next generation?
Mid and South Essex Integrated Care System (ICS) are taking part in a new project to develop an Essex Health and Care Academy which will focus on attracting people across Essex into careers in health and care. In order to do this the ICS would like to create a centrally managed network of Ambassadors who will be able to advise younger people about their roles and responsibilities, share experiences and expertise and inspire young people of all ages into a career in health and care.
What does being an Ambassador Involve?
- Inspiring and encouraging young people to work in health and social care to pursue a career.
- Sharing your skills and on the job experiences.
- It’s a voluntary role.
- Inspiring future generations. This may be by attending virtual careers events or talks, lunchtime drop in sessions, assemblies.
- Help individuals make informed decisions about their futures and in turn boosting recruitment and retention
- Flexible in how much time you can commit; it can be as little as taking a phone call.
- Receive excellent support and guidance from the Health & Care Academy Co-ordinators.
- Promote your role, organisation or sector.
- Networking; an opportunity to meet other Ambassadors and share good practice
Your help is needed:
We need our current workforce to volunteer to become ambassadors so that we can promote all sectors across health and care and work together to grow our workforce of the future.
To find out more about becoming a Health and Care Ambassador or to volunteer please contact us.