There are a number of different roles in primary care some of which include General Practitioners (GPs), Practice Nurses, Healthcare Assistants, Paramedics, Physician Associates, Receptionists and Medical Secretaries. There are more new roles being introduced which include roles such as Care Coordinators, Mental Health Practitioners, Dieticians, Health & Wellbeing Coaches and Podiatrists.
Working in Primary Care is about being part of a wider team whilst still being an individual; feeling able to knock on any colleague’s door for advice; supporting a patient through major life changes and feeling proud to work in such a diverse county.
We understand that each person has different needs and preferences, and we allow individuals to take control and shape their careers the way they want.
Within our practice and working as part of the wider primary care community you will benefit from:
- Working within a wide scope of healthcare and management roles
- Working with a diverse patient population
- Inclusive teams where every contribution is valued
- Exciting training prospects from local training hubs who provide training and education to support recruitment, retention of all staff groups in primary care.
- Coaching, mentoring and support networks
- Flexible, individual approach to work-life balance
- Collaboration across practices
- Innovative technologies and new ways of working
- Multidisciplinary team
To find out more about the vast array of roles in Primary Care please view the videos below or visit Primary Care Careers (opens in a new window)