Applications are now open for Anglia Ruskin University’s Amplify Your Summer Medical Residential Programme.
Immerse yourself in our bespoke activities led by Medical School academics and develop a realistic understanding of what it’s like to be a student studying Medicine.
You’ll have the chance to:
- Experience Medicine Mock Interviews (MMIs)
- Explore ARU’s state-of-the-art facilities
- Visit a local hospital
- Build on your subject knowledge through a group project
- Be mentored by current students.
We are committed to widening access and to recruiting students who have aspirations to study medicine but are from under-represented and/or disadvantaged groups. Our Widening Access to Medicine Scheme (WAMS) (opens in a new window) states that depending on the circumstances, applicants eligible for this programme may be offered a lower conditional offer at A Level of ABB.
Applications will be assessed based on programme eligibility criteria and the 500-word supporting statement. Places are limited and so priority will be given to students:
- From ‘low participation neighbourhoods’ – find out if you live in a low participation neighbourhood (opens in a new window)
- Who are in receipt of free school meals, or have been eligible to receive free school meals within the past six years
- Who would be the first in their family to progress to Higher Education
- Who are currently in care, or who have been in care at some point in their lifetime
- From military families
- From GRTSB communities
- With special educational needs or disabilities, including mental health difficulties
- Who are BAME
- Who are in receipt of Pupil Premium funding and/or discretionary school/college payments, which are directly linked to financial hardship
- Who have sole unpaid caring responsibility for another person
- Who have refugee status
- Who are young people estranged from their family
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential information for candidates
Joined by other students across the region, you’ll be immersed into your chosen subject programme. With a task in hand to complete and showcase, our world-leading academics and student ambassadors will support you every step of the way.
You’ll have plenty of social time, as well as time to explore the campus and the surrounding city with fellow students on your programme, alongside our friendly staff and student team.
Please note: to be considered for a place on one of our programmes you will need to complete an application form, select the programme of your choice and submit a 500-word supporting statement. In addition to this, we require a reference from your chosen teacher or tutor – please see the document below.
Successful applicants will hear from us by June 2024.
This event is owned and managed by Anglia Ruskin University and not Mid and South Essex Health & Care Academy